FitBodyTrainingOnline.com

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Confessions of a Personal Trainer

People assume that since I'm a personal trainer that I LOVE to work out.
 All. the. time.


And that I only eat chicken and rice and broccoli and oatmeal.
At. every. meal.

And other times, people think I'm either like "Jillian" on the Biggest Loser and I yell at people, or I'm like this workout "cheerleader" that jumps around the gym counting repetitions for people as they do the torturing exercises I have been scheming about all night...but that's another story for another day.

Well, guess what.
I'm not Jillian
{she is actually just a hired actress and not really a trainer...I'm sure I just bursted a lot of people's bubbles in one single sentence}
I don't work out all day every day.
And I eat more than just chicken rice and broccoli and oatmeal.
{I actually don't even really like oatmeal if you must know. I think it feels like snot in my mouth, so there}
{and plus, I like ice cream...in moderation of course}

Yes, that's correct.  Sometimes, I don't like to work out.
{actually, more often than not, I've been in a gym or studio for 5+ hours of my day and the last thing I want to do is stay there for longer so that I can get on an elliptical and go no where}

And no, I don't eat chicken and rice and broccoli and oatmeal every day, all day.
{that would be stupid of me}

There are days where I splurge a little.
And there might be a weekend that I splurge a little more.

But the difference is that that's where it ends.


I may not work out for a week, every now and then.
But then I get right back into it.

I may not eat all that great, every now and then.
But then I get right back into it.

Why?
{you might ask?}
Because I like the way I look and feel when I eat healthy and exercise on a regular basis more than I like eating bad food that makes me feel like crap and keeps me from wanting to get up off of my lazy booty.

And by God, sometimes (actually most of the time), we just have to stop making excuses, get some self-control, put down the wine and/or chips, put our gym clothes on and go.

Because the hardest part about being healthy is closing our mouth even when we really want seconds, and actually making it out the door to go to the gym.

But when we do, dang does it feel good.

Thanks for listening to my confession.



No comments:

Post a Comment